Who We Are
In every community, many boys and girls are left to find their own recreation and companionship in the streets. An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know that someone cares about them.
For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine has provided hope and opportunity to tens of thousands of young people. Our programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.
Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow—all while having fun. GREAT FUTURES START HERE
at the Clubs.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine is proud to serve nearly 2,700 members this year. Each day, more than 500 boys and girls in Southern Maine come to the Clubs where they are accepted for who they are, encouraged to do their best and leave knowing they are valued and understood.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine are open regularly, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets. Check Club locations for specific days and times.
- Every Club has trained youth development professionals, who are positive role models and mentors. Volunteers and Interns also provide key supplementary support.
Available & Affordable to All Youth
- Clubs reach out to kids who cannot afford, or may lack access to, other community programs. Dues are $5.00 per year. We assure that all boys and girls can afford to belong, we do not turn anyone away due to the inability to pay; and we offer payment plans or scholarships to youth who need assistance.
- Clubs expose youth to unique experiences and programs to build their self-esteem and to develop new skills.
- Clubs offer a safe setting where youth of all backgrounds are accepted and nurtured by professionally trained staff and volunteers, and where peers are taught to respect and value differences.
- Clubs encourage youth to be heard and to influence decisions, developing leadership skills that they will take with them long after their Club experience ends.
- Clubs offer and encourage youth to participate in opportunities to help others.