How much does an annual membership cost?
Our annual membership fee is just $5. Membership fees are renewable one year from date of purchase. A membership card will be issued to each member and must be used to check in each day. Scholarships may be available to those who qualify. No girl or boy is turned away due to the inability to pay.
What is required to join?
A parent or guardian must complete and sign a membership application form. The member registration form can be downloaded and printed. A membership card is issued once the form is complete, the membership fee is paid and the new member goes through orientation.
What are Boys & Girls Clubs?
Boys & Girls Clubs have offered after school programs for children 6-18 years old in Southern Maine since 1909. We work to provide year-round positive, fun and safe places and programs for all youth, helping them to build self-esteem and develop skills necessary to make the right choices. Our core programs include:
What do Club members do?
Clubs offer a wide range of activities, from academic help to leadership groups, arts + crafts, career exploration, computer projects, games, sports and special field trips. Program areas include both individual and small group activities. Contact a specific Clubhouse
How old must a child be to join?
Boys and girls ages 6-18 are eligible for membership.
Member Code of Conduct (also see Handbook)
- Be Honest / Act Honestly
- Follow Club Rules
- Behave in a respectful manner to each other, club staff, volunteers, and visitors
- Respect all property belonging to you, other people, and the Club
- Model respect, fairness, kindness, and trust
- Recognize and focus on effort, positive behavior, and excellence
- Honor differences
Because we value each and every Club member, we would be doing our Club members a great disservice to ignore or excuse the following behaviors:
- Fighting with another Club member, staff person, volunteer or parent
- Physical endangerment - use of drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco products
- Destruction or theft of club property or other Club members’ property
- Racial or sexual harassment (including inappropriate physical contact)
- Bringing or using weapons at the Clubs: guns, knives, sling shots, etc.
- Repeated violations of general expectations and rules or chronic behavior not changed by prior consequences
- Public display of affection